Business Intelligence Analyst - Web Analyst
At Kodify we manage several high traffic web platforms developed using the latest technologies and we work hard to provide the best experience for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, business-oriented Business Intelligence Analyst focused on Web Analysis to support our product team. Working closely with, and reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for the successful development of our web-based analysis. This includes: defining data models for each step in the product development, ensuring the quality of the provided data, defining and overlooking A/B tests, analyzing data, providing insights in a proactive way, building recurring and ad-hoc reports to different stakeholders, and maintaining Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Good attention to detail and sharing a taste for high-quality products are important aspects of this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will share our values, be transparent and open to giving/receiving feedback and work well with the team towards a common goal. We value respect, openness, and diversity amongst our teams.
Company-wide we are an international team close to 100 with 16 different nationalities, spread around the world in our different office locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montréal, Los Angeles and several other European countries for the team that works remotely.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent employment contract.
- Latest tech equipment: whatever boosts your productivity!
- Private health insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Core hours with flexitime + half day Fridays!
- 23 days of vacation and a half day off on your birthday
- 15% of your salary extra for training and conferences of your choice!
- Company Amazon book account
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, and drinks
- Company-wide off-site events (Oporto in 2019, Ibiza in 2018, Mallorca in 2017)
- Free snacks and beverages!
- BBQ on the terrace!
- Awesome offices & locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montreal & LA!
- Be the liaison with the developers team in order to maintain the quality of the data gathered in Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to enrich web analytics data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Identify and propose improvements based on data insights and market perspectives
- Complete fluency in English is an absolute must
Desired experience/skill set:
- Proven working experience as a data analyst, business data analyst or web analyst
- Strong knowledge of databases (SQL and noSQL)
- Strong knowledge of web optimization techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of data visualization tools: Qlik, PowerBI, or Tableau
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics reporting. Google Analytics Individual Qualification is a plus
- Be an amazing team player that the team can rely on
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated team player with the ability to interact effectively with different team cultures
- Excellent communicator and facilitator with good spoken, written and presentation skills
- Comfortable working throughout an entire organization; from developers, analysts, marketing, to executives.
Nice to have:
- A strong technical, business or data science education, ideally a degree or postgraduate level.
- Experience on video content platforms and high traffic websites
- Analytical Skills: you will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions
- Communication Skills: you will be often called to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas
- Critical Thinking: you will look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You will have to make sure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to the correct conclusion.
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast-changing environments and priorities.
- You are passionate about online products and businesses
- You love working in a diverse and international environment
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock based!