At Kodify we manage several high traffic web platforms developed using the latest technologies and we work hard to provide the best experience for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, business-oriented Data and Insights Analyst focused on web analysis to support our product team. Working closely with, and reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for the successful development of our web-based analysis. This includes: defining data models for each step in the product development, ensuring the quality of the provided data, defining and overlooking A/B tests, analyzing data, providing insights in a proactive way, building recurring and ad-hoc reports to different stakeholders, and maintaining Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Good attention to detail and sharing a taste for high-quality products are important aspects of this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will share our values, be transparent and open to giving/receiving feedback and work well with the team towards a common goal. We value respect, openness, and diversity amongst our teams.
Company-wide we are an international team close to 100 with 16 different nationalities, spread around the world in our different office locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montréal, Los Angeles and several other European countries for the team that works remotely.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Identify and propose improvements based on data insights and market perspectives.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Desired experience/skill set:
• Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and non-relational databases
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Analytics Individual Qualification is a plus.
• Be an amazing team player that the team can rely on.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Motivated team player with the ability to interact effectively with different team cultures.
• Excellent communicator and facilitator with good spoken, written and presentation skills.
• Comfortable working throughout an entire organization; from developers, analysts, marketing, to executives.
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. is desirable.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. is desirable.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java,, Scala, etc.
• Complete fluency in English is an absolute must.
Nice to have:
• A strong technical, business or data science education, ideally to degree or postgraduate level.
• Experience on video content platforms and high traffic websites.
• Analytical Skills: you will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
• Communication Skills: you will be often called to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
• Critical Thinking: you will look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
• Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You will have to make sure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to the correct conclusion.
• You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
• Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
• You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
• You are passionate about online products and businesses
• You love working in a diverse and international environment
• You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results based, not clock based!
What’s on offer:
• Competitive salary
• Permanent employment contract.
• Latest tech equipment: whatever boosts your productivity!
• Private health insurance
• Ticket Restaurant
• Core hours with flexitime + half day Fridays!
• 23 days of vacation and a half day off on your birthday
• 10% of your salary extra for training and conferences of your choice!
• Company Amazon book account
• Fresh organic fruit, snacks, and drinks
• Company-wide off-site events (Ibiza in 2018, Mallorca in 2017)
• Free snacks and beverages!
• BBQ on the terrace!
• Awesome offices & locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montreal & LA!
Did we miss something from this list? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it!
If you think you have what it takes and are looking for a company where you can have lots of fun while doing amazing work- we are made for you!