HR and Talent Manager
We are looking for a talented HR & Talent Manager to join our LA team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make a real change and impact at the time when we grow and expand our business globally.
The Kodify team is the most valuable and best protected asset of the company. Your role as will be to attract, hire, retain and develop our world class employees. We’ve fine-tuned our multi-step hiring process over the years, which has led to the acquisition of an incredible team to date. We are striving to lead the way & innovate the online entertainment sector and it is our job to ensure our people have the conditions and ability to achieve this.
As a HR and Talent Manager you will:
- Own the hiring process for our creative roles. Working very closely with hiring managers, you will engage and guide our exceptional candidates through the offer stage.
- Know what makes a great candidate, and will use your experience to manage the candidate pipeline effectively with help of our recruitment tools. You will generate and manage internal leads through a diversity of creative websites, LinkedIn, Indeed, etc. as well as work with a 3rd party recruiters for specialised roles when necessary.
- Embody our values and evolve our culture bringing on initiatives that increase autonomy and freedom as we continue to grow as a team and company. The development and well-being of our people always comes first; by ensuring the environment is right and anticipating their needs, we can always expect their best work.
- Innovate our current HR structure from the ground up. You will bring new HR tools that will make us more efficient with a whole host of programs including onboarding, compensation, recognition, probation, performance, career planning and events.
- Constantly be thinking about initiatives the team can implement to ensure Kodify is a world class organization. Help us define a clear structure of roles and responsibilities across the company.
- Evolve our onboarding process, setting up the new starters for success and accelerating their speed to value. You will align expectations and goals for new starters, from welcoming to the team, to the completion of their trial period, coaching and beyond.
- Be one of the key influencers and watchguards to guide the company through its growth phase, ensuring that scaling does not compromise our culture. Our culture sets us apart from the rest, we don’t want to lose this, so we never take it for granted.
- Work closely with management and employees to nurture a culture of open communication and feedback through frequent 1:1s, employee engagement surveys and team feedback sessions.
- Participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent. Communicate awareness and encourage self-resolution where possible.
- Express what it means to be part of Kodify, present the vision/culture/values and describe the future opportunities for progression.
- Work with benefit providers to introduce and improve employee benefits, including 401K plan, healthcare coverage, training and development budget. Etc.
- Work closely with and support the senior management across the company.
- Form a HR team by partnering up with our HR and Talent Manager in Barcelona.
Apart from being an advocate of our values, we’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience in a HR capacity preferably within a technology, fashion or production focused organisation
- Knowledge of the employment law, employment contracts and employee benefits.
- Innate levels of emotional intelligence. A strong awareness of how to read people
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to communicate with all levels of the organisation for confident delivery of feedback.
- Approachable, able to put people at ease under any circumstances and induce trust
- Sound judgement and problem solving ability at all levels. Comfortable making decisions and taking risks where necessary
- Strong coaching and people development ability. Able to encourage self-motivation, improvement and drive
- Organised and meticulous when it comes to detail, especially where others may overlook
- Analytical and love gathering data, but not afraid to make decisions based on logic or gut
- Strong computer skills, familiar with an array of software and able to quickly understand new applications
- Embracing of a fast moving, dynamic and multicultural environment where things can change quickly
- A tremendous sense of pride in the work you do with people, especially within ambitious environments
- Able to facilitate and control discussions with ease, including within group environments with strong characters
- Positive attitude with determination and urgency
- Absolute, unbreakable discretion. Familiar with highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence at all levels whilst managing a complex set of stakeholders
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Brand new equipment on joining (choose what boosts your productivity).
- Core hours with flexitime
- Private health insurance
- Budget and free days to attend training/conferences/etc.
- Fantastic office in Studio City
- Free snacks and beverages!
- Kodify off-sites abroad, fun events and regular team activities
- Awesome global offices and locations: Barcelona, Altea, and Montreal!
- A real opportunity to shine and improve our current benefits and perks!
Do you like what you read and want to be part of it? Check out our website and send us your CV along with a cover letter. If you believe you are a good match for this position but do not have all listed skills, do not worry, we will evaluate if we like your way of doing things through our multi-step personal interviews.