Human Resources Business Partner
Kodify is striving to lead the way & innovate the online entertainment sector and it is our job to ensure our people have the conditions and ability to achieve this. As a fast growing company with multiple hubs in 3 different countries and 20+ national cultures, our HR needs comes with exciting challenges taylor-made for a star HR professional. We are looking for a talented Human Resources Business Partner to join our Europe team in Barcelona. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make a real change and impact at the time when we grow and expand our business globally.
Our culture sets us apart from the rest, we don’t want to lose this, so we never take it for granted. The Kodify team is the most valuable and best protected asset of the company. The development and well-being of our people always comes first; by ensuring the environment is right and anticipating their needs, we can always expect their best work.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, your role as the Human Resources Business Partner for Europe will be to attract, hire, retain and develop our world class employees. By putting forward your previous experiences, your acute business skills, as well as your natural people skills, you will act as the go-to person for managers in need of advice, support and mentoring. You will work with them to improve work relationships, build morale within the team, increase productivity and retention.
- Embody our values and evolve our culture by bringing on initiatives that increase autonomy and freedom as we continue to grow as a team and company.
- Be one of the key influencers and watchguards to guide the company through its growth phase, ensuring that scaling does not compromise our culture.
- Collaborate with the global HR team to develop and execute the HR Strategy and actively contribute to HR projects (often taking the lead on the execution);
- Collaborate with the global HR team to bring new HR tools that will make us more efficient with a whole host of programs including onboarding, compensation, recognition, probation, performance, career planning and events;
- Be a true business partner, with proactive and strategic thinking, able to discuss/tackle complex business issues and translate business needs into action plans and solutions;
- Be the trusted advisor for your stakeholders, providing expert and data driven advice, guidance and coaching in all aspects of HR;
- Work closely with management and employees to nurture a culture of open communication and feedback through frequent 1:1s, employee engagement surveys and team feedback sessions;
- Participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent. Communicate awareness and encourage self-resolution where possible;
- Provide recommendations to ensure adaptation of our HR policies and projects to the local legislations and ensure that legal requirements are met by studying existing and new legislation. Anticipate new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions;
- Own the hiring process for roles in your region. Working very closely with hiring managers 3rd party recruiters for specialised roles when necessary, use your experience to manage the candidate pipeline effectively with the help of our recruitment tools, and engage and guide candidates through the offer stage;
- Oversee compliance and immigration issues for the region (work permits, investigations for staff representatives, contracts terminations, etc.) and, together with the global HR team, ensure concrete measures are set up proactively to decrease issues;
- Lead training and development planning in order to support business needs and empower management;
- Handle operational issues such as absence and performance management and disciplinary procedures;
- Act as one of the main points of contact with the Gestoria firm.
- With the collaboration of the General Administration team, lead the Payroll process for employees and contractors in the region.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Core hours with flextime
- Private health insurance
- Budget and free days to attend training/conferences/etc.
- Free snacks and beverages!
- Kodify off-sites abroad, fun events and regular team activities
- Awesome global offices and locations: Barcelona, Altea, and Montreal!
- A real opportunity to shine and improve our current benefits and perks!
- 3+ years of experience as an HR generalist preferably within a technology focused organisation;
- Bachelor in Human Resources Management;
- Solid knowledge of the employment laws in Europe, more specifically in Spain;
- Experience with Payroll processing;
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders;
- Proactive, data-driven, takes initiative, able to multitask and prioritize;
- Innate levels of emotional intelligence and a strong awareness of how to read people;
- Approachable, able to put people at ease under any circumstances and induce trust;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound judgement and problem solving ability at all levels;
- Organised and meticulous when it comes to detail, especially where others may overlook;
- Analytical and loves gathering data, but not afraid to make decisions based on logic or gut;
- Embracing of a fast moving, dynamic and multicultural environment where things change quickly;
- Positive attitude with determination and urgency;
- Absolute, unbreakable discretion. Familiar with highly sensitive and confidential matters;
- Fluent in Spanish and English;