Junior QA Engineer
The team at Kodify is looking for a talented QA Engineer to join our remote team and bring new dynamic on board. This specific role is open to remote candidates based in the European Union (a must for us). With you on board, we’re looking to expand our QA team to support 15 developers and 4 devops working across multiple European locations, and take our projects to a whole new level.
You will help design and deliver QA Best Practices and maintain quality in our applications. Working closely with the QA Lead, and other technical teams to ensure the quality of our code base is constantly improved. Your collaboration with the team will be key to ensuring that their methods and tools are correctly chosen and implemented to ensure best practices are maintained throughout the application's life-cycle.
- Designing and documenting test cases and plans
- Performing manual testing and manage test cases in Testrail (or similar)
- Identifying and recording of bugs, and verifying fixes
- Assisting development team by reproducing issues
What’s on offer
- Latest tech equipment
- Core hours with flexitime
- Training and development budget and free days to attend training/conferences/etc.
- 10% time for personal projects
- Company Amazon book account
- Half Day off on your Birthday
- Awesome offices and locations: Barcelona, Altea and Montreal!
- Quarterly team meetups
- Kodify off-sites, events and team activities!
- Unique Kodify culture!
- Knowledge regarding software testing goals, processes and best practices
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to clearly write test cases and logging defects
- Skills in debugging issues, and providing developers with significant feedback on failed tests
- Great communication skills
- Understand Cost vs Risk in testing strategy
- Great self organization skills
- A real passion for QA
- Desire to transition into a test automation role
- Basic git/github skills
- Experience with test case management tools such as Testrail, Zephyr, Testlink or similar
- Experience working remotely and with remote teams
- Knowledge and experience in JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Have worked in a high traffic / no-cache environment
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture
- AWS, Kubernetes & Docker knowledge
- Data validation and Google Analytics experience is a plus
- Continuous Integration Experience (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI)
- Test automation experience (Selenium, Testcafe, Cypress)
- Security testing
- Usability testing
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
- You love analysing data. You’re a complexity thinker and a real problem solver.
- You’re flexible and available when needed. You understand emergency calls can be part of the job and are aware of the challenges supporting a 24/7 environment.
- You stay updated on industry developments and strive to improve our platform with innovative solutions
- You are passionate about software development & quality