Senior Graphic Designer
Our award-winning studios produce compelling content in locations around the globe. Its network of branded websites has over 30 million visitors every month, and its innovative studios have won over 100 awards. Our lifestyle brands have revolutionized the industry and we are only just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER with a proven track record in the web advertising industry to join Vixen Media Group / Kodify. This position will report directly to the Marketing Manager and the candidate will act as graphic designer for the creative services and advertising division. This role will help create the vision and output of our advertising campaigns & special projects, while ensuring that they are executed to the highest standard, adherence to brand guidelines & aesthetics. He/She will assist in developing, establishing and facilitating the vision for the final product. At times, he/she will execute on his/her own creative project from start to finish. This position requires the ability to effectively liaise with remote teams on a daily basis and assist in the support of these teams.
The ideal candidate should have passion and talent for creating high impact visuals, influential content and strategic designs geared to optimize performance based marketing efforts. We want campaigns that wow our clients and drive sales. They must find practical solutions to creative problems while simultaneously striking a balance between requests, efficiencies, and time management all while delivering work that is dynamic, on trend and impactul. Hyper-organization, detail vigilance, and strong communication skills are critical for this role.
Highly motivated✔ Self-driven✔ Balanced✔ Organized✔ Dynamic ✔ Detailed ✔ Creative ✔
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An expert storyteller with great taste in design and has a flare for mood and innovative design aesthetic
- Strong background of both static image design and video design for digital advertising
- A perfectionist with high quality standards
- Knowledgeable about new and current design trends and techniques
- A thorough knowledge of the technicalities of digital media display
- A self-motivated creative with a passion for teamwork and collaboration
- An organized, process and operational driven approach.
- A creator who is obsessed with the results and performance of their work
- Work directly with the marketing team to plan and execute successful web marketing campaigns
- Design marketing materials for both onsite and offsite campaigns on mobile and desktop
- Deliver high impact design assets including but not limited to hero images, banners adverts, email templates, landers etc.
- Work closely with our Senior Creative Lead & Marketing Manager to take a data driven approach to campaigns, and continuously improve conversion rates
- Execute and take ownership of all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off and engineering
- Collaborate on art direction or “look” of a publication or campaign
- Liaise regularly with Creative/Brand, Advertising, Pre & Post Production, Web and Sales departments to understand and execute upon the project requirements.
- Assist in the development of marketing workflow processes & guidelines.
- Participate in creative brainstorming session
- Collaborate with our analytics team to use data to influence the performance of future creatives
- Design attractive visuals inspired by mainstream trends and industry competition
- Create moodboards and be involved in the conceptualisation of ideas for copy and design
- Provide artistic support to video editors in the realization of their concepts
- Full-Time Position
- Occasionally, additional hours may be needed during high production season
- 24/7 Mentality (production hours and production pace)
- Flexible schedule with core hours
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Great vibes at the office, snacks, and drinks provided at all times
- Access to training budget
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in graphic design
- Advanced knowledge of design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Good understanding of animation graphics and photo editing techniques.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the above skills
- Experience in creating motion graphics
- Superior understanding of advertising, copywriting, photography, design sensibility, composition and color theory
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles as well as advanced layout and typography acumen
- Display proficiency in current best practices and methodologies for graphics design, user experience design and visual communications
- Experience working with a premium ecommerce brand an asset
- Ability to research and strategize best approach on media display while adapting accordingly for best results.
- Ability to analyze trends and competition, look at new data, understand design and smart copy, and recognize fresh approaches to advertising.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Full English fluency written and spoken
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and deadlines, while seeing projects through each step from conception to completion.
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Ability to produce content in a very fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- A sense of humor and great attitude