Our award-winning studios produce compelling content in locations around the globe. Its network of branded websites has over 30 million visitors every month, and its innovative studios have won over 100 awards. Our lifestyle brands have revolutionized the industry and we are only just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced VIDEO EDITOR with a proven track record in advertising and film production to join Vixen Media Group / Kodify. This position will report directly to the Marketing Manager and Senior Creative Lead to act as Video editor for the creative services and advertising division. This role will help create the vision and output of our advertising campaigns and special projects are executed to the highest standard while ensuring adherence to brand guidelines, aesthetics, and departmental and stakeholder interests. He/She will assist in developing, establishing and facilitating the vision for the final product. This position requires the ability to effectively liaise with remote teams on a daily basis and assist in the support of these teams.
The ideal candidate is a resourceful person with a passion and talent for creating high impact visuals, influential content and strategic design. We want campaigns that wow our clients and drive sales. They must find practical solutions to creative problems while simultaneously striking a balance between requests, efficiencies, and time management, all the while delivering work that is dynamic, on trend and impactul. Hyper-organization, detail vigilance, and strong communication skills are critical for this role.
Highly motivated✔ Self-driven✔ Adaptable✔ Organized✔ Dynamic ✔ Detailed ✔ Creative ✔
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An expert storyteller with great taste in design and has a flare for mood and aesthetics
- A perfectionist with high quality standards
- Knowledgeable about new and current video, design trends and editing techniques
- A thorough knowledge of the technicalities of digital media display
- A self-motivated creative with a passion for teamwork and collaboration
- An organized, process and operational driven approach.
- An creator who is obsessed with the results and performance of their work
- Execute creative editing, sound mixing and motion graphic design under the direction of the Senior Creative Lead & Marketing manager
- Ingest and organize assigned 4K footage
- Encode, resize & export finalized projects according to specs
- Present concepts, moodboards, creative briefs for marketing endeavours
- Cross-departmental communication to ensure efficient completion of requests
- Research of stock footage and music on different platforms
- Collaborate on art direction, treatments, copywriting, video edits and motion design.
- Collaborate on the development of the overall look or style of a publication, advertising campaign or other.
- Manage assigned projects from start to finish, while working in tandem with team members and stakeholders to maintain quality output and brand consistency.
- Full-Time Position
- Occasionally, additional hours may be needed during high production season
- 24/7 Mentality (production hours and production pace)
- Flexible schedule with core hours
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Great vibes at the office, snacks, and drinks provided at all times
- Access to training budget
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Post Secondary degree in Digital Film Production, Multimedia or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Video Editor position.
- 2+ years of experience with Premiere Pro
- 2+ years of experience in Motion Graphic / After Effect
- A portfolio that demonstrates the above skills
- Music editing and sound design skills
- Motion graphics and animation skills
- Expert skills with the adobe creative suite
- Strong understanding of advertising, copywriting, video editing, motion design, graphic design, video production & photography.
- Strong understanding of visual storytelling.
- Experience creating dynamic social media content.
- Ability to research and strategize best approach on media display while adapting / formatting content accordingly for best results.
- Ability to analyze trends and competition, look at new data, understand design and smart copy, and recognize fresh approaches to advertising.
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Full English fluency, written and spoken
- Ability to organize and manage deadlines, while seeing projects through each step from conception to completion.
- Experience in traditional and non traditional digital marketing and performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Ability to produce content in a very fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- A sense of humor and great attitude